Empathy, clarity, and active listening—these principles shape my advocacy for customer happiness and good documentation. With 10 years of remote work experience, I’ve worked with small teams and large SaaS companies, focused mainly on creating clean docs and providing round-the-clock support to customers.
I can help you with:
- Writing and publishing self-service content
- Helping customers understand your products and services (tech/product/customer support)
- Troubleshooting and communicating issues to Product and Engineering teams
- Managing your existing editorial calendar or starting a new one from scratch
- Participating in exciting new areas like project management, customer success, and other leadership roles
Stephanie is a thorough, detailed writer who I’ve had the pleasure of working with for years across freelance projects at Envato and Zapier. She’s quick to learn how to use new software and explain it to others in clear copy.
— Matthew Guay, Senior Staff Writer at Zapier
Documentation Writer at 1Password
2018-Present | FULL-TIME/REMOTE
- Writes and publishes internal documentation for the 1Password’s growing customer support team.
- Updates existing articles on the 1Password Support site.
- Provides product support for customers in the Asia-Pacific timezone, reducing inflows significantly before the rest of the team is back online.
Tools: GitLab, Atom, GitHub Desktop
Writer/Contributor at Supported Content
2018-Present | FREELANCE/REMOTE
I research and write for Supported Content, a content creation agency for SaaS companies looking to develop their content strategy and provide value to their customers.
- The Difference Between Customer Support and Customer Success via HelpScout
- Top 10 Slack Apps to Make Work Easier via BubbleIQ
Customer Support Advocate for Kayako
2017-2018 | FULL-TIME/REMOTE
A member of the Support team (London division), I helped customers learn and use product, while crafting self-service content for our Help Center. I’ve also published articles about self-service and customer support for the Kayako blog.
Writer/Contributor at Zapier
2015-2018 | FREELANCE/REMOTE
Product Specialist and Content Writer for TeamGantt
2016-2017 | REMOTE/PART-TIME
I helped users navigate the product while working with the Engineering team to solve technical issues. On the side, I managed the company’s editorial calendar, making sure there’s a steady queue of quality content to publish each week.
Staff Writer and Editorial Manager at DesignGood
2013 – 2015 | FREELANCE/REMOTE
DesignGood was initially a blog that featured people and brands using creativity and design to make a social impact. I was hired to manage the editorial calendar, brainstorm and pitch new topics, and write and publish approved feature articles.
Tutorials Writer + Blog Author at Envato
2012 – 2014 | FREELANCE/REMOTE
I first joined the Envato network in 2012 as a blog author for AppStorm.net, writing reviews and round-ups of desktop, mobile, and web apps. I then switched over to Tutsplus.com briefly to write tutorials on how to use apps to get things done.
- 35+ Markdown Apps for the Mac (Mac.AppStorm)
- Notability 5: Get Creative with Your Notes (iPhone.AppStorm)
- How to Reduce the Size of Your PDF Without Compromising Image Quality (EnvatoTuts+)
2016 Cagayan de Oro Poetry Clinic
17 October 2016
Organizer: Nagkahiusang Magsusulat sa Cagayan de Oro
Location: Museo de Oro Conference Room, Xavier University-Ateneo de Cagayan
Craft lecturer for the morning schedule of the clinic on the introduction to reading and writing poetry.
2014 Freelance Camp Manila
18 October 2014
Organizer: Learning Curve
Location: SM Megatrade Mall, Mandaluyong City
Served as one of the speakers at the event on the topic, “How to Double Your Income While Halving Your Time.”
- Southeast Asian and Latin American literature
- Greek, Hawaiian, Asian, and Filipino mythology
- Social entrepreneurship
- Book design and the publishing industry
- Locally made lifestyle products and businesses
- SaaS companies and remote work
Bachelor of Arts Major in Literature
De La Salle University – Manila
Bachelor of Arts Major in Communication Arts
De La Salle University – Manila
AWARDS AND HONORS
Outstanding Thesis Award
De La Salle University – Manila (2013)
Received the award for my work on Animalia: Mending Human and Animal. This is an animal poetry collection and my ongoing creative work.
2nd Honors Dean’s List
De La Salle University – Manila (2011-2012)
Recognized as a dean’s lister for the 2nd and 3rd terms of academic year.
- VP of Documentation, Literature Circle
- Feature writer, The La Sallian / The Menagerie
- Guild member, DLSU Harlequin Theatre Guild