Empathy, clarity, and active listening—these principles define my approach to customer support and documentation. And with 10 years of remote work experience, I’m no stranger to working across time zones with small to large SaaS teams and companies.
If you’re looking for a self-starter and team player to provide round-the-clock support to your customers, or write clear self-service documentation for your product, let’s chat. ?
I can help you with:
- Writing and publishing self-service content
- Helping customers understand your products or services (tech/product/customer support)
- Troubleshooting and communicating issues to Product and Engineering teams
- Managing your existing editorial calendar or starting a new one from scratch
- Participating in exciting new areas like project management, customer success, and other roles
Stephanie is a thorough, detailed writer who I’ve had the pleasure of working with for years across freelance projects at Envato and Zapier. She’s quick to learn how to use new software and explain it to others in clear copy.
— Matthew Guay, Senior Staff Writer at Zapier
Content Writer at Craftybase
2021-Present | FULL-TIME/REMOTE
- Improves current technical documentation and saved response copy
- Reviews, revises, and improves current content for greater customer impact
- Writes high-quality and timely content for different educational formats: eBooks, tutorials, courses, playbooks, video scripts, and more
- Oversees editorial ownership of content, from pitching ideas to publication
Technical Writer at 1Password
2019-2021 | FULL-TIME/REMOTE
- Writes, publishes, and updates internal documentation for the Customer Support team at 1Password
- Updates existing customer-facing articles on 1Password Support
Tools: GitLab, Atom, GitHub Desktop, Homebrew
Customer Support Representative at 1Password
2018-2019 | FULL-TIME/REMOTE
- Provided technical support for customers using the 1Password apps (macOS and iOS) and 1Password.com
- Provided round-the-clock product support to customers with billing or memberships issues
- Migrated customers with standalone licenses to a 1Password membership
Contributor at Supported Content
2018-Present | FREELANCE/REMOTE
Researched and wrote for Supported Content, a content creation agency for SaaS companies looking to develop their content strategy and provide value to their customers.
- The Difference Between Customer Support and Customer Success via HelpScout
- Top 10 Slack Apps to Make Work Easier via BubbleIQ
Customer Support Advocate for Kayako
2017-2018 | FULL-TIME/REMOTE
- Helped customers learn and use the product. Worked as a member of the Support team (London division)
- Crafted self-service content for the Kayako Help Center. I’ve also published articles about self-service and customer support for the Kayako blog
Contributor at Zapier
2015-2018 | FREELANCE/REMOTE
Wrote and published app walk-through articles for partner apps included in the Zapier app directory.
Product Specialist and Content Writer for TeamGantt
2016-2017 | REMOTE/PART-TIME
- Helped customers use and navigate the product while working with the Engineering team to solve technical issues
- Managed the company’s editorial calendar, making sure there’s a steady queue of quality content to publish each week
Staff Writer and Editorial Manager at DesignGood
2013 – 2015 | FREELANCE/REMOTE
DesignGood was initially a blog that featured people and brands using creativity and design to make a social impact. I was hired to manage the editorial calendar, brainstorm and pitch new topics, and write and publish approved feature articles.
Tutorials Writer + Author at Envato
2012 – 2014 | FREELANCE/REMOTE
I first joined the Envato network in 2012 as a blog author for AppStorm.net, writing reviews and round-ups of desktop, mobile, and web apps. I then switched over to Tutsplus.com briefly to write tutorials on how to use apps to get things done.
- 35+ Markdown Apps for the Mac (Mac.AppStorm)
- Notability 5: Get Creative with Your Notes (iPhone.AppStorm)
- How to Reduce the Size of Your PDF Without Compromising Image Quality (EnvatoTuts+)
2016 Cagayan de Oro Poetry Clinic
17 October 2016
Organizer: Nagkahiusang Magsusulat sa Cagayan de Oro
Location: Museo de Oro Conference Room, Xavier University-Ateneo de Cagayan
Craft lecturer for the morning schedule of the clinic on the introduction to reading and writing poetry.
2014 Freelance Camp Manila
18 October 2014
Organizer: Learning Curve
Location: SM Megatrade Mall, Mandaluyong City
Served as one of the speakers at the event on the topic, “How to Double Your Income While Halving Your Time.”
“Wildflower” (November 20, 2016), Sunstar Davao + Dagmay Literary Journal
Publisher: Dagmay Literary Journal of the Davao Writers Guild
Read the poem.
“Stardust” and “Girl on fire”, 365 Wonders 2017 Planner
Publisher: Woman, Create
Poems are featured on the month of June 2017.
- Book design and the publishing industry
- Fear-free, positive reinforcement dog training
- Locally made lifestyle products and businesses
- SaaS companies and remote work
- World literature and mythology
Bachelor of Arts Major in Literature
De La Salle University – Manila
Bachelor of Arts Major in Communication Arts
De La Salle University – Manila
AWARDS AND HONORS
Outstanding Thesis Award
De La Salle University – Manila (2013)
Received the award for my work on Animalia: Mending Human and Animal. This is an animal poetry collection and my ongoing creative work.
2nd Honors Dean’s List
De La Salle University – Manila (2011-2012)
Recognized as a dean’s lister for the 2nd and 3rd terms of academic year.
- VP of Documentation, Literature Circle
- Feature writer, The La Sallian / The Menagerie
- Guild member, DLSU Harlequin Theatre Guild